A Non-Stop Journey of Excellence
- Torrent Energy Limited and Torrent Cables Limited amalgamate with Torrent Power Limited with effective date of 1st October, 2015 and appointed date of 1st April, 2014 pursuant to the order of the Hon’ble High Court of Gujarat sanctioning the Composite Scheme of Amalgamation.
- Torrent Power launches first-of-its-kind user-friendly Customer Self Service mobile application “Torrent Power Connect” and web portal “connect.torrentpower.com”, offering highly personalized and real time services in the Company’s License Areas of Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar and Surat as well as in the Franchisee areas of Agra & Bhiwandi has been launched.
- The Company receives “Gujarat Ratna Award” for demonstrating excellence in the power sector.
- Torrent Power books regasification and storage capacity with Petronet LNG Limited up to 1 MMTPA for 20 years starting from April, 2017.
- Successful commissioning of the 81 MW GENSU Solar Power Project adjacent to SUGEN Plant in a cost effective manner.
- Awarding EPC contract to M/s. Suzlon Energy Limited for implementing 201.6 MW Wind Power Project in Kutch and Bhavnagar districts in Gujarat.
- Awarding EPC contract to M/s. Wind World India Ltd. for implementing 136.8 MW Wind Power Project in Rajkot and Surendranagar districts in Gujarat.
- DGEN Plant receives five star rating from British Safety Council on Five Star Occupational Health and Safety System Audit
- Cables Unit receives certification under ISO 14001: 2004 and BS OHSAS 18001:2007.
- Successful commissioning of the 1200 MW DGEN Power Project at Dahej SEZ, District Bharuch, Gujarat.
- Torrent Power develops and commissions the 51 MW Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Power Plant at the Charanka Solar Park in Gujarat.
- DGEN receives certifications under ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004, BS OHSAS 18001:2007, ISO 50001:2011 and ISO 55001:2014.
- The Company successfully uprates the 110 MW coal based E station of AMGEN, to 121 MW and synchronises the same with the grid on 21st October, 2013.
- DGEN and UNOSUGEN get successfully registered with United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change under the Clean Development Mechanism.
- Torrent Power puts into commercial operation the 382.5 MW UNOSUGEN Power Project.
- UNOSUGEN integrates with the certifications of SUGEN under ISO 9001:2008, ISO 50001:2011, ISO 14001:2004 and BS OHSAS 18001:2007.
- AMGEN receives certification under ISO 50001:2011 (Energy Management System)
- SUGEN receives the prestigious “SWORD OF HONOUR” by the British Safety Council, U.K. in recognition of its exemplary performance in health and safety management.
- The erstwhile Ahmedabad Electricity Company Limited, the merged constituent of the Company, currently comprising AMGEN Power Plant and Ahmedabad Distribution, completes 100 years of successful operations on 28th May, 2013.
- The Company successfully uprates the 110 MW coal based F station of AMGEN to 121 MW and synchronises the same with the grid on 30th April, 2013.
- AMGEN and the Corporate office of the Company receives certifications under ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and BS OHSAS 18001:2007.
- Torrent Power successfully commissions its first 49.6 MW Wind Power Plant at Lalpur, District Jamnagar, Gujarat on 22nd March, 2012.
- Ministry of Commerce & Industry grants Torrent Energy Limited (now merged with Torrent Power Limited w.e.f. 1st April, 2014), the status of Co-Developer at Dahej SEZ area on 10th April, 2012.
- 1196.85DGEN Power Project obtains Provisional Mega Power Status by Ministry of Power, Govt. of India on 28th November, 2011.
- Sugen Plant receives 5 Star rating by British Safety Council for Health and Safety Management System and also obtains Energy Management System Certifications under EN 16001:2009 & ISO 50001:2011.
- Torrent Energy Limited (now merged with Torrent Power Limited w.e.f. 1st April, 2014) successfully implements the 400 kV Double Circuit Transmission line with triple snowbird conductor from DGEN Generating Station to PGCIL’s Navsari Sub-station for Connectivity with the Inter-state Transmission System.
- Torrent Power Grid Limited, a subsidiary of the Company commissions the third and final phase of 144.5 kms, 400 kV Double Circuit line, part of transmission infrastructure from SUGEN Generating Station to Pirana sub-station of PGCIL with Loop in Loop out (LILO) at 400 kV sub-station of the Company at Pirana .
- Commencement of operations as Distribution Franchise for Agra circle, Uttar Pradesh effective from 1st April, 2010.
- Torrent Power and its subsidiary, Torrent Energy Limited (now merged with Torrent Power Limited w.e.f. 1st April, 2014), award EPC contract to Siemens for implementing UNOSUGEN (382.5 MW combined cycle gas based Power Plant at its existing SUGEN Plant’s location) and DGEN (1200 MW combined cycle gas based Power Plant at Dahej SEZ) respectively on 2nd July, 2010.
- The 382.5 MW UNOSUGEN, the brown field expansion to SUGEN Power Plant receives Mega Power Project Status from the Ministry of Power, environmental clearance from MoEF and connectivity approval from Central Transmission Utility.
- The Central Transmission Utility grants Connectivity and Long Term Open Access for 1200 MW DGEN Power Plant .
- Torrent Energy Limited (now merged with Torrent Power Limited w.e.f. 1st April, 2014) becomes the Distribution Licensee for Dahej SEZ and distribution of power commences on 4th April, 2010.
- Sugen Plant obtains certifications under ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and BS OHSAS 18001:2007.
- 1147.5 MW SUGEN Mega Power Project has been successfully commissioned on 15th August, 2009.
- Hon’ble Central Electricity Regulatory Commission issues tariff order for SUGEN Power Plant for 5 years, ending 31st March, 2014.
- T&D losses in Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar and Surat distribution circles reduce to 7.62%; one of the lowest in the country.
- Second phase of power transmission line (80 kms. Double Circuit 400 kV transmission lines) i.e. Gandhar-Dehgam Loop in Loop out (LILO) at SUGEN commissions.
- Torrent Power signs Shareholders Agreement with GPCL for setting up 1000+ MW coal based plant at Pipavav, district Amreli, Gujarat on 12th December, 2009.
- Phase I of Torrent Power Grid Limited’s transmission system i.e. 26 km Loop in Loop out (LILO) of Vapi-Jhanor commissions.
- Torrent Power has been awarded the Distribution Franchisee for Agra Distribution Circle on 26th February, 2009 and Kanpur Distribution Circle on 20th February, 2009 for a period of 20 years.
- Torrent Power’s 1147.5 MW SUGEN gets successfully registered for Clean Development Mechanism benefits by United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change on 11th August, 2007.
- Torrent Power bags Ministry of Power’s Gold Shield award for two consecutive years, 2004-05 & 2005-06 for outstanding performance in power distribution.
- Torrent Power cCommencement of operations as Distribution Franchise for Bhiwandi Circle, Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited on 26th January, 2007.
- The SUGEN Power Project receives “MEGA Power Project” Status by the Ministry of Power.
- Torrent Power Generation Limited awards EPC contract for its upcoming SUGEN Power Project to a consortium of Siemens AG and Siemens Limited India on 17th June, 2005; commences construction of its first power block.
- Torrent Power has been awarded the Distribution Franchise for Bhiwandi Circle of Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (MSEDCL) on 12th June, 2006 and with this it becomes the first Company in India to be awarded Distribution Franchise.
- Torrent brings together three of its Group companies Torrent Power AEC Limited, Torrent Power SEC Limited and Torrent Power Generation Limited under a single, unified brand – Torrent Power.
- Torrent Power Generation Limited achieves financial closure.
- Work on 1147.5 MW combined cycle mega power project near surat commenced
- The Ahmedabad Electricity Company's turnover crosses the Rs. 10 billion mark.
- Sale of equity stake in GTEC to Powergen India Pvt. Ltd. (India’s largest M&A transaction of the 20th century).
- The Ahmedabad Electricity Company’s customer base crosses 1 million mark.
- Torrent acquires management control of The Ahmedabad Electricity Company.
- Combined Cycle operations of GTEC commissions in mid-December, 1998.
- Torrent lays Foundation stone for GTEC and announces Zero date.
- Torrent acquires management control of Surat Electricity Company.
- Torrent forays into power sector by taking over Mahendra Electricals and renaming it as ‘Torrent Cables Ltd.' - (now merged with Torrent Power Limited w.e.f. 1st April, 2014).